Competitions and Match Officials Manager
We are looking for a person who is passionate about making a difference and enjoys working as part of a small and enthusiastic team. The successful applicant will be responsible for administering and facilitating competitions (local and representative) throughout the Canterbury District. This role is also responsible for preparing evidence based reports that will assist in developing initiatives for advancing the game of rugby league.
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of responsibilities relevant to Canterbury competitions - preparation of draws and results.
- Management of all policies and procedures relating to competitions administered by CRL.
- Review and approval of non CRL sanctioned events and tournaments.
- Management of responsibilities relating to pre-season games and events.
Match Officials Management
- Referees liaison with respect to competitions.
- Management of referee registrations and match managers.
- Develop and facilitate structures to support on-going match official education and mentoring.
- Recruitment of match officials, includes match managers and other volunteers to assist with the management of these competitions.
- Manage the appointment process of Canterbury Representative team managers.
- Oversee the performance of Canterbury representative team managers.
- Prepare all CRL resource material for the representative programme.
- Ensure all representative policies and procedures are current and communicated.
Research and Administrative Support
- Work with the Club Capability & Game Manager to assist clubs build and embed sound processes and administrative practices.
- Works closely with Club Capability & Game Manager to produce regular reporting to CEO.
- Gathers and collates data, using primary and secondary sources as required.
- Preparation of reports and regular reporting of information and presentation of results.
Skills and Experience
- Strong experience/knowledge in competition draws, structures and programmes.
- Experience/knowledge of the sport sector and match officiating.
- Experienced in use of analytical tools, both qualitative and quantitative
- Experience in conducting high level report writing, including preparation and presentation of recommendations.
- Experience in preparing reports for senior management.
- Knowledge or experience in establishing systems and processes within a work environment
- Experience/knowledge of SportsTG system would be an advantage.
For a copy of the job description please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be received via Seek by 5.00pm Tuesday 24th March 2020.